Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Going Dark

As in dark doors. I'm sure you have seen some of the black interior doors floating around blog land. I didn't want to go black, but I did decide that the dark brown almost black that I used on the outside of the exterior doors would also be great on the inside.

Here is a look at what we started with.


I don't hate white doors, but there is a lot of white in this entry and it has just felt off to me. The door needed to be painted anyway (so does every other door that is in this house), so this was the perfect opportunity to try something different.

after


Having double doors makes it feel very dramatic, but if finally feels right. The dresser that is to the left of the door will eventually get painted white and there will eventually be a black upright piano on the wall across from the dresser, so I think that the dark doors will help balance all of that out. I'm really happy that I went ahead and painted them dark.

So what do you think? Do you have any doors in your house that aren't white? Do you have plans to paint any doors?

Paint color - Benjamin Moore exterior paint color matched to Valspar's English Tea Party





Follow Me on Pinterest

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...