Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Adding Practical Function to the Entryway



This is one of those updates that was super simple and had me wondering why I had not done it sooner.

Mama needed a place to hang her purse! We don't have a mudroom or laundry room, which would be the obvious place to make a spot for my purse to hang, so I had to come up with something different.

When we first moved into our house we hung these hooks by the back door. It seemed like the logical place, but it ended up not working as well as I would have liked. It was too high for the boys to reach, and everyone tried to pile all of their stuff onto this set of hooks. It just didn't work. I removed the hooks and came up with better solutions for everyone to put there stuff away, but I still had no place to hang, or put my purse.

I was walking through the house one day, and this spot just kind of hit me. It had never occurred to me before because we don't enter the house from here, but it is right next to the kitchen. Very close to the kitchen counter where my purse usually ends up. I took the mirror down that was there and then had Asher hang the hooks for me. It just needed a piece of artwork, so I made the "Home Sweet Home" print, stuck it in a frame, and called it done!

Check back tomorrow for the rest of the updates to this entryway tomorrow. It looks so much different.

(You can find that free printable here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...