Monday, October 13, 2014

A Simple Painted Project - THE Vase


I received this vase a wedding shower gift....over 16 years ago. I wish I had an original before picture of it, but it was WAY before blogging. And digital cameras. I have always really liked the size and shape of this vase, but I was never fond of the smoke colored glass. I think it may have even had bubbles in the glass. I remember looking at it and thinking, I could totally paint that.


 I don't have pictures of the first 10 or so times this vase was painted, but I am going to show you the ones that I could dig up. Before we get to that, let me tell you that it has been just about every color. I know for sure that the first time I painted it, it was with acrylic paint and I gave it a stone type look. Since then it has been painted with many combinations of acrylic paint, wall paint, and spray paint. I just paint it when the mood strikes.


The vase is currently home in the media center in our living room. It is white with a gold base.

Are you ready for some of the befores? Some of these are more recent that I would like to admit.  I will say that these were before I had a nice camera and the pictures make them look worse than they did in real life. That is my story, and I'm sticking to it.


EEK! Just in case you are wondering....I haven't always had great taste in home decor. I have always enjoyed it, but I have learned so much over the years. Some of these make me laugh. I really wish I had a picture of the one where I tried to make it look like stone. It was pretty awesome!

Don't be afraid of an ugly vase. Just slap some paint on it. It is simple enough to do over, and over, and over.


You can see all 31 days, HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda Craig HendersonOctober 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM

    I love it! It looks so good on your bookcase, which are styles ever so nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I read and appreciate each and every single one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...